Sunday, March 27, 2011

I guess it had to start at some point.

I knew at some point there was going to come the time that I would need to start a blog. I guess this is the perfect time. I am in a position where I am trying to tackle multiple aspects of my life that I didn't really get too much of an opprotunity to play with in the past couple of years. Now I have the freedom to be able to deal with everything I love to do. I can also do it all at once, not just one thing at a time over a period of time and then on to the next thing for another period of time. Here are some of the things I'm doing at the moment:

I've been working on filling out an application for the Red Bull Music Academy, in which if I get picked I will gain the opprotunity to collaborate musically with 29 other people. My friend said with everything going on in my life that this is not something I should pass up. So as of 2 days ago I am still going through this 17 page application to then later putting together a demo to be sent in with it. I only have until April 3rd to get this done, it needs to be post-dated by the 4th.

I am also currently trying to post new pendant in my shop: http://www.etsy.com/people/SurroundingElements. I just finished a pendant that I will be putting up for sale later today. Note my post about that on tumblr: http://surroundingelements.tumblr.com/post/4130505804/snowflakeobsidian. I am in the groove of making new pieces and also posting some other feather pendants on there to give my customers a little bit of choice. I need to start using my flickr account to post pictures of works in progress which I'm going to take pictures of when I start on my next piece. I want to be able to connect with people when it comes to my work process. I also at some point hope to create tutorials that can help future wire wrappers get started and moving into what could become another awesome creator.

With everything else already pumping I figure I might as well get back into my other artist aspect that I enjoy. I have drawn a little bit here and there, but not enough to really satisfy my needs. I'm at a point that I would like to start a group where a few people and I give one another ideas that force us into the drawing process. For instance one day one person makes up a theme and picks and animal and we have to draw and or paint things in relation to those subjects. I could really use a group like that now. I found out that a couple buddies of mine host an art showing on the first Fridays art showings downtown that I could potentially be given a showing at. I would need to step up my game and get some art rolling first though.

Hula hooping has not been regularly done for the past couple of days. Actually I haven't done it for a week. With my brain trying to settle down and get ready for job hunting and taking on all these other activities that I've listed above, it's been put on a back burner. I will pick it back up again once the weather goes back to warm. I think that is mostly why I haven't hooped.

Well, I think that should be it for my first post. Wow, that was refreshing. I think I'm going to enjoy blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment